Sharpes 32 rim fire pepperbox info ???

well I almost have that long range rolling block rifle in 40-65 paid for, & my gunsmith / machining buddy still needs a bit more cash for his summer home repairs...

he has now enticed me with a C. Sharpes 32 rimfire pepperbox that he's finishing up ( making it shootable again... the ratcheting firing pin wasn't rotating correctly ) he has it working now, & could use a couple $100.00 more for the home repair...

I guess I find it interesting, I can still put it on payments, & he'll sell it to me much cheaper than what I'm seeing listed on Gun Broker ( though I haven't seen one in 32 rim fire yet ) I have a couple other 32 rimfire's & I have gotten some of the Navy Arms ammo ( not that I'd shoot it much ), but I have that mind set, that if the gun is not shootable, & I don't have or can't get ammo for it, I'm not interested in them...

any thoughts on value of a functioning, but not pristine shape Sharpes in 32 rim fire ??? any comments or info on the gun would be appriciated... thanks

looks about like this one as far as condition, except the grips are both replacement black plastic grips , & the one I'm looking at is 32 caliber... also to open it, the hammer has to be put between down position & 1/2 cock, & a button on the side of the grip frame pushed or pulled down, it doesn't have the button under the barrels like the others on Gun Broker use

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=182181304

Last edited:
The pictured gun (Auction Arms) is a Sharps No. 3 and they were made in .32 Short RF. (The No. 1 was in .22, and the No. 2 in .30 RF. The No. 4 is .32, but has a different grip style.) About 15,000 were made, and they are not too uncommon, though nowhere near as common as the .22's.

To be more exact, it is what is called a 3c, though Sharps never used those terms. A really super one, NIB, could bring $1000, but they average $400-500 in fair shape and functional.

Jim

Back