Shareware 3D CAD?

Kframe

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a free, or really cheap, 3D CAD program.
I know, I know, we're only supposed to talk about guns here. Well, what if I told you I wanted to design a new action type?
There, now they ought to leave this thread open.
So, anyone have any sources?
Oh yeah, I saw a program called "KeyCAD" on CD at OfficeMax for about ten bucks.
The reason I didn't buy it is that it only said Win95/NT, no mention of W98.
I've got W98 at home and am not sure it'll work. (I bought a CD with 1000 games on it that said W95/NT and it made my computer crash, even though the zit-faced employee said it should work.)
Thanks, -Kframe

try looking on www.shareware.com i found a couple there once that were pretty good, dont remember the name though. I have that KeyCad proggie, although its on win95, it works pretty good.------Cuz

Hey kframe,

I have an un-open version of Turbocad and it's 3D. its last years version (4.0) but it's still in the shrink wrap w/all documentation!

I'll sell it for $25.00 add 4.95 for shipping if your interested.

Its a good Program, I just use the pro stuff ($2-4K) at work.

Chris
Chris_1001@yahoo.com

Hey Chris D., thanks for the offer! I'll have to see how much cash I have once done buying Christmas stuff (yes, I am that broke). A question, is that program okay with W98? I hope so. What I basically want is some kind of program that'll allow 3D skeletonized drawings of mechanical stuff. I would like to be able to rotate in XY and Z axes and zoom in/out to look at details or the big picture. If that program already has some preset icons and shapes for gears, pulleys, rack/pinions etc, that would be super cool, but not absolutely necessary.
I would appreciate it if you would email me some more details, that is, if you would be willing to hold off on the sale for a couple more weeks. If you must sell now and someone else wants it, I'll step aside. So, if you'd like, drop a note to
kframe@handgunner.net

Thanks, -Kframe

Back