• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Shameless Praise

yankytrash

I know you mods and adminstrators get this all the time, but just let me chime in here with a great big GREAT JOB, PEOPLE, KEEP IT UP!!

As some users here know, I'm gearing up to attend my first High Power matches ths year. I've been told many times to go to my old hangout, AR15.com, to the competition section for input from many other High Power shooters.

I left there because things were getting pretty raunchy, and users were getting happier to dole-out the assaults rather than worthy advice. It got to the point where most questions were answered with a quick, "buy a new gun/upper", or "send it to a smith", or "that stuff's crap, I can't believe you're using it", along with other various insults to the questionee's intelligence.

Well, despite my best judgement, I decided to cruise back on over there to see what I could scrape up on HP competition.

Unbelievably, the site has gotten far worse. Not only are the personal insults up to an all-time high, but the administrators, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to add about 20 more forum catagories, ranging from trifling topics like "Women Shooters" & "Hall of Honor" to product-specific catagories that are already covered in previous sections. It lends to split the users up into 'catagories' that defy each other.

AR15 is now off my 'Favorites' list.

Keep up the great work guys. No matter what anybody might tell you about how bad locking certain threads is or how we 'need' a new forum section, stick to your guns. You're successfully running a conservative site that's still safe for granny and the kids to see, while still keeping everything very informative for the users & lurkers.

If you ever have doubts, browse AR15. It's a sobering reminder of what can happen if the mods listen to every physically or mentally raging teenager that has a site suggestion (not meant as an insult our teens here on TFL, who are a step-above ;) ).

:D Nice to hear, yankytrash. I'm sure all of the staff appreciate your kind words. :D

We don't care to denigrate other firearms sites on TFL, it takes many different voices to make the choir sound sweet. AR15.com is a good site that serves a necessary purpose.

YT,

We're very glad to have you as a member of the TFL family, and, thank you very much for the kudos. However, it's the excellent members, such as yourself, that really make TFL what it is.

It was a pleasure meeting you,
and hope to see more of you at the VCDL booths.

Mykl

Back