Sgdg 1912 22lr "new century model"

dhurley77

Inactive
If anyone could help out there it would be greatly appreciated. I own a belgium made 22lr it has sgdg and brevette,and 1912 stamped on barrel. I am missing the bolt for the gun. The trigger is there. Do anyone have or make bolts that i could use to replace it, because I would like to use it again
Thanks for HELP. Dan

Of course the weenie on Gunbroker doesn't give us a picture of the bolt. I'm thinking that it might be the same as one of Winchester's early single shot bolt actions that were designed by Browning.

Also, It sold for $150.00.

Sure it's Belgian? SGDG* is a French requirement; I am not sure if it had to be used on imported guns as well as those made in France. Belgian proof marks (the E L G in an oval) would prove Belgian origin.

* It means, in translation, "Without a guarantee by the government". Sort of a disavowal of the idea that granting a patent made the government responsible for the proper working of an object.

Jim

Yes, a bolt can be machined and all the parts made , for several hundred dollars. If you gun is Belgium ( and I agree with Jim K that if there are no ELG proof marks it is French ),, then it could have been made by several different makers, Finding a bolt for an old American rifle is extremely difficult, to find a bolt for a unknown foreign rifle, I really don't think so. Sorry about that.

Back