SF Bay Area Gun Shops

SpazzTrap

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone from out this way has any experience with good gun shops in the Bay Area. I just moved here about 6 months ago and am still getting the lay of the land. I live near San Jose, and I found Reed's today and it seems nice, good selection, but am not sure how good the prices are.

BTW, buying guns in California is a PITA...10 day wait for a 900 dollar shotgun...sheesh!

Good luck. I live in Oakland and refuse to pay our high prices. I now try to buy everything over the net and have my ffl do the paperwork.

take care,

Ever since SF Gun Exchange closed theres been a void of quality gun shops around. Those guys new their craft and provided exceptional customer service. One of their former employees works at Jackson Arms in South San Francisco. Theres Traders in Oakland but, their clientel is of the pimp / hood rat and "bigger is better" variety. they have a large overhead though. Highbridge Arms in SF, small but, knowledgeble. Theres also a couple in Walnut Creek and Castro Valley. I'd imagine down in your neck of the Bay theres several, Mel Cotton's and I'm sure Gilroy and Morgan Hill have a couple of shops

Back