Sevice rifle build what front sight and carry handle

Metal god

This is a duplicate thread I started in the gun smithing forum but I think this is a better spot for it .

I'm building a flat top AR Service rifle for competition from the ground up . The lower is done and all the parts are starting to come in for the upper and I'm about to put it together . This will need to be legal for the high power service rifle devision .

My issue is the front sight and carry handle . I had always planned on using an extra "F" marked front sight I have and a Mil-spec carry handle designed for the "F" marked front sight . I just found out that to build a "proper" Service rifle I need a A2 front sight and A4 carry handle . The reason I was given was the rear sight adjustments will not be accurate if I use the carry handle for a M4 and "F" marked front sight .

Is it legal to use a "F" marked front sight and and M4 carry handle or must I use a A4 carry handle and A2 front sight ?

If legal will it be a waist of time to do so because my trajectory adjustments will all be wrong . FWIW I will be reloading for the rifle .

My barrel gets delivered Tues and I'd like to put this thing together but I want to do it right . What sights should I use or does it matter as long as the front and rear are on the same plain ?

Back