Set your phone to blaster mode,,,

aarondhgraham

Okay, this is just way too geeky for me,,,
But for some it could tour out to be a very useful item.

Click here please.

This doohickey is an app that allows you to mount your iPhone or Android on your rifle,,,
It's not something I would ever use but it does look rather cool. :cool:

Aarond

There are some distinct advantages in having computer based vision on a weapon, particularly in improving accuracy based on sense-able environmentals. My question is the reliability of the phone in a high shock environment.

Look at the recent tracking point rifle. I expect laser guided precision weapons in the hands of hunters in less than a decade.

Same as the Firenock Iphone 4 sight, except gun not bow and Android based not iphone. Nice. Why not?

Pros: Unlimited Eye Relief, Ballistic reticle is perfectly & easily tunable to your load, No need to center eye, wide field of view, cost of used phones + the mount is less than the cost of a good scope.

Cons: Virtually useless in bright light, large/awkward thing stuck on your rifle - easy to hit and jar out of place, magnification is digital not optical so your resolution suffers greatly at magnification (but fine for CQB), may not hold up to recoil? (damage your phone?), loss of zero if you don't dedicate a phone to the rifle (i.e. if it's the actual phone you use, so you take it off each time), your wife or kid calls when you're about to shoot the buck of a lifetime.

Just throwing out some speculation here. I bolded what I initially perceive to be the biggest items.

Last edited:
there was a booth set up at the last gun show with a demo and some movies set up for that... sounds like a good way to rattle your smartphone to pieces and add a lot more weight to your gun.

Most new ideas need time and tweaking to be perfected. This isn't perfected yet, but I see possibilities for the future.

Back