• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Services offered to TFL'ers?

twoblink

I have services which I offer (as all of us do) that is not gun related, but I would like to offer them to TFL'ers at a good price..

And not wanting to say "I sell Widgets, and will give TFL'ers 20% off" in the general forum, I'd love for there to be a section to do... as it's not gun related, but it's TFL community related.

Thanks.
Albert

twoblink - what chu got?

I'm offering web design services in trade/barter for products and services. Currently redesigning a website for a grip manufacturer and have a proposal in for my local range.

I love to trade.

twoblink,

You say it's TFL community related... What does that mean? Is it something like Correia's TFL/Molon Labe apparel? As sven asked, "what chu got?"

Depending on what it is, we may have you post it in the Retail Deals and Feedback forum. Though that forum is for firearms and accessories, depending on what you have to offer we may let you be a "test case."

As I said before, it would have to be at the very least, "TFL community related."

-Dave

I'm actually a "Certified Cash Flow Consultant" if you don't know what that means, don't worry, neither does most other people.

I use to be a cryptographer, and still do crypto on the side...

But what I do now (primarily) is two-folds:

#1) I buy private mortgage notes. So if you hold a first or a second mortgage on someone, and would like to convert it to cash, I can do that for you.

#2) For those who own companies, I do what is called "factoring" which means I buy your AR's (Invoices, Accounts Receivables) at a slight discount, but give you the cash upfront, so you can operate the business...

That's what I mostly do now, but on my old business card, it use to say "I solve problems." and I mean that, I was a "finder" for 2 years, what's a finder? That's someone that "finds" whatever you need to solve your problem(s)...

Albert

What sort of crypto work do you do "on the side"??? I'm more intrested in why you would post that on a public forum...

I use to work for RSA, then worked for Baltimore Technologies.

I did toolkit integration. So, SSL, Public Key Infrastructure, and secured environment penetration testing and design.

I did all the cool Jame Bond stuff! But it's stressful, and also, after 9/11, every #)*(&#@$ Bozo with an MCSE thinks (s)he is a computer security whiz now. They've all but insulted the security industry to death.. They know NOTHING about PKI, about a secured environment design, but armed with "computer security for dummies" they claim to be security gods... It makes me sick. :barf: so me and quite a few of my former co-workers all have quit the line. Sad really, because there are fewer then 2000 cryptographers in the world, with more dropping out then dropping in. Also, it's one area where you can't really "go to school" to learn it... and it's an industry that is so specific, with quarks that are so specific to it, that experience is not something that can be made up...

Why, do you need some crypto work done??

I'm the very definition of libertarian!!

Guns, Crypto, Capitalism. :D

IMO, it just isn't "TFL community related" enough to post in the Gun Show forums. If you posted your services in there, we'd soon have about 7,000 more people posting their non-firearms related stuff there too.

Sorry. :(

But thanks for asking! :)

Bluesman, you read me wrong.

It is COMPLETELY not gun related. BUT, I would still like to offer services to TFL'ers at a discount. That's what I was trying to say, completely non-TFL related, but it is because it's offered to TFL'ers exclusively..

Am I making sense?

I'm not saying posting it on TFL, but a separate area??

Because I can tell you personally, if I wanted business, it would be TFL business, and if I were to give someone business, I'd prefer it to be someone from TFL, and I'm sure I speak for most when I say that..

Albert

Back