Service problems with Ramline/Blount mags

Just had a magazine spring fail in my 15rd. full-capacity Ramline Hi-Power magazine. I wasn't too worried since these magazines had a "lifetime warranty".

Upon contacting Blount (the parent company of Ramline), I was told that they didn't have any replacement springs available for this magazine and that they wouldn't repair it. Their best deal was to offer me a $10-$15 credit or refund on a hi-cap magazine.

If this level of service disturbs you as much as it did me, then be aware that Blount is also the parent company for RCBS, Federal, and Outers.

A year or two ago, I found out that RCBS had purchased Ramline some time back. I have a couple of 17 round Smith and Wesson 5900 mags of theirs that had broken floorplates. I called them and a lady there offered to send me the new floorplates, free of charge. The newer plates are of a more flexible plastic and don't look like they will break. My guess is that they were getting rid of the old Ramline stuff anyway. Guess I got the right person....I've got the magazines still and for sale if anyone wants one or three.

------------------
Shamans emerge whenever certain needs remain unanswered...Mark Levy

Back