Serbu BFG 50 for a lefty

jeffbos

Inactive
All,

I'm a lefty and was considering the Serbu BFG 50 single shot. My main concern is the fact that the rifle is a bullpup design and that the bolt handle would be very close to my chin when firing. Also, it looks like I might be resting my cheek on bolt handle slot making for an uncomfortable shooting position.

Any south paws out there that have shot the BGF 50 and have any feedback?

Thanks

Did you call the shop and talk to Mark? If he's not busy he usually picks up the phone and will talk to customers.

I've shot my friends but I'm a righty, shouldn't be any issues shooting left hand. More than likely you'll pull your head away to reload another round, that way the bolt handle won't be an issue. The stock is pretty smooth and I wouldn't worry about the bolt channel catching your cheek. In the 17 years they've been on the market I haven't heard of anyone complaining about it.

You can go www.machinegunboards.com and go to the old Biggerhammer board and look up the archives and do alot of reading. Mark first started posting about the BFG back in 1999 on the board.

I have an LAR Grizzly 50BMG bullpup design. I am a lefty shooter. I know it is not the same gun, but I'll bet you don't put out the money before you test fire the thing to make sure it fits the owner. My bolt handle is at my shoulder.
I get along with mine just fine. Its a blast from either shoulder!:D

Back