Senorita - .22LR Snubnose Revolver

samualt

Senorita - .22 LR Snub Nose Revolver

I have a little snubnose revolver that I'd like to know something/anything about.
It was once my Grandfathers gun. This little gun works great.

Style: Snub nose revolver
Finish: Blued frame and cylinder
Caliber: .22 Long Rifle
Action: Single and Double Action
Name: "Senorita", printed on frame sideways, in front of cylinder. Without quotes.
Grips: White Plastic, with a "B" symbol towards top. Inclosed in quotes but first quote appears at bottom of B.
Serial: 14693

Thanks for any information you can give me!

Cap0002.jpg

Last edited:
Is that writing in the grip medallion above and/or below the B?
Is the cylinder a swing-out design or must one remove the cylinder to reload?

Assuming it's USA in origin it sort of appears to look like an Iver Johnson revolver of the early part of the 20th centuy, perhaps the 1920s.

Perhaps some more information is on the revolver. Are there any other markings, perhaps on the frame visible only when the cylinder is out of the frame, or under the grips? Are there any proof marks (the USA has no internationally-recognized proofs but many USA mfgrs proof anyway)

fal308:
No, thats not writing above and below the "B". Those are just straight lines.
I removed the grips but found only an "S" stamped on the frame. Nothing else at all. I can't figure how to get the cylinder out. I can use a flashlight to look around the cylinder but don't see any markings there either. I'll have someone look at it to see if they know how to remove the cylinder. It needs to come off for cleaning anyway.

I might add that, all the parts seem to be machined. No cast parts on it at all. Even the plastic grips have a nice textured surface. It could have been made much cheaper!

Something perhaps of note:
With the hammer down the cylinder turns freely to the right. But if the trigger is pulled even slightly or the hammer brought back then the cylinder locks-in and turns without free wheeling.

Probably made during the 1960s - - -

It is a variant of the Rohm RG-10 or RG-12 revolver. The RG-10 usually had about a 2-1/2 inch barrel and was chambered for .22 short, and, possibly it would take .22 Long (not LR.)

The RG-14 was about the same but usually had a slightly longer barrel and would accept the .22 LR cartridge. It is sometimes called the "Presidential Model," as one was used to shoot President Reagan and Mr. Brady.

I believe the manufacturer was "Rohm GMBH," a German company. Construction was largely cast zinc. Your little revolver probably had a little knurled or grooved-tip pin threaded into the end of the cylinder axis pin. It could be unscrewed and used to punch the empties out the loading gate. (Or unscrewed and lost.;) )

The main springs of these little revolvers had a bad habit of taking a set. Some models were provided with a screw in bottom of the grip frame so the spring tensiion could be increased.

I believe retail for the RG-10 was about $12.95 in 1968. I fear this is one of those revolvers which has NOT appreciated much with the passage of years. Yours, being a "Snub Nose" version, might bring a little extra.

Best,
Johnny

Johnny Guest:
You were right on the money!
I found a Rohm RG-10 on GunsAmerica that was the splitting image of my gun, but with a longer barrel. It had a different symbol on the handle also. But so close!
You were also right about the screw on the bottom of the grip frame.

I apologize to everyone for having said it was a Long Rifle. It will take Shorts and Long but not LR. (I know very little about .22 calibers and didn't know there was a difference between Long and Long rifle - duh!).

As far as it's price, I would never sell it. It's a conversation piece as well as being something my Grandfather owned, no doubt during a period of financial hardship.

I am just so glad to find something out about it. Now I will have to investigate more to find out whether it was a copy or really from that company. And if so, why did a German company name this model the "Senorita". At least I have a place to start. Thank you very much!

Back