• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Senior membership status

I believe it's 100 posts, Herb. 'Better start saving up, though. You'll have to send Dennis a box of ammo (he likes .45 ACP).:)

Herb,

Sensop's correct on all counts:
0-14 posts = Junior Member
15-99 posts = Member
100 plus = Senior Member

But remember, Herb, quality is more important than quantity!
(Even some Administrators forget that one... ;) )

Oh, and Gold Dot will be fine, sir.

(PS. We are joking about the ammo. :) )

:eek:

We are! Dennis you scoundrel! You need to return that box of Gold Dots I sent to you back in '99. And don't try to tell me you've already shot all of them.

Senior Status

I've only got 39 posts to date. Keeping in mind that quality is the keyword, by the time I reach 100 I will be too old to read the print much less fire a handgun. Oh well !
Herb:)

Uh oh! Quality is the keyword? I need to go back and delete my previous post here. And there, and in that other forum ... and ....

Heck I'll probably end up with less than 39 posts after it's all over!

Peons!

Mister Leventhal is a gentleman! I'll require no .45s from him!

{ Herb! Thanks so much for the Bushmaster and extra magazines! :) }

Q: Does Ammoman sell .223 by the pallet?

A: Yup, by the pallet, over there by the truck, in the office, just about anywhere.
-----

George,
Your claim to fame may be the huge number of posts you made for the numbers, but getting into trouble? Heck, man, you and I have done that in a single post! :D :D
-----

{ The ante continues to rise..... ;) }

Senior Status

My wife is a remarkable woman! She tells me that if I can get 100 posts by Xmas she will buy me a handgun of my choosing!
Guys how about some help?
Herb

Herb,
What's in it for ME, Buster? ;)

(I can be bought! :D :D

PS. 100 by Christmas? That's a shoo-in, Herb. :)
Pick out your handgun!

Repayment

How about some old Winchester 12 guage paper shotshell hulls that I've had lying in the basement for 20+ years? You know the maroon colored ones.
Herb;)

[elitist sniff]

I have no idea what you're talking about - that was LONG before my time!

Empty hulls, indeed! :rolleyes:

[/elitist sniff]

Maroon, huh? Believe it or not, that doesn't even ring a bell!

And I can't say I was overseas, I retired from the USAF 22 years ago.

Drat! There goes my "before my time" argument! :(

Hi Herb. May your wife have to pay up. :)

What's wrong with paper hulls ? I use em to save wear n tear on my brass. Paper for plinkin, brass for huntin.

Frightnin.....just looked at some paper, high brass, 00 sittin on bedroom stand. Oh well, they used to go bang.

Sam

On Herb's behalf,
Please give this note to your boss/ wife / or anyone else who may stand in the way of you getting your fair share of time at the range.

- Please give____________________ the remainder of the day off with pay, as they are performing a vastly indescribable favour to the public person for whom they support. This is not only a love of sport but a belief in the rights which the Congress of the United States has granted each and every person under it's stature. The welfare of the country may depend entirly on this endeavor and thus it is true to the Republic that ____________________ carries out training at the _____________________Range/ Sportsmans Club.

I trust this is satisfactory and remain,
Yours truly,

(Please modify as required)

100 Posts by Xmas

We are all on the same wavelength! As Americans the right to own and possess firearms guarantees all of the other Bill of Rights
Herb

Back