semi-auto shotgun, 10 round detach mag

wakal

Is there anyone still making a semi-auto shotgun with at least a 10-round detachable magazine? I know the "assault weapons" silliness prohibits civilian possession of same, but I have all the right paperwork on file already.

Thanks,
Alex

Measure a 10 round, 12 ga magazine, it's long enough to eliminate low prone as a viable option.

If a semi with lots of capacity is your thing, try an 1100 with a 10 rd extension.

Well, there WAS the SPAS 15.....

If you have the paperwork, you could get a USAS-16 with the 20 round drum.....but it's useless in a social situation-too unwieldly

Saiga .410 ?

Saiga 12 ga. with 8 round LEO mags ? I think that's about as close as you are going to get.

The crime bill says a semi auto shotgun has to have two "evil features" to qualify as an assault weapon.Why can't it have a ten rd. detachable magazine if it does not have a pistol grip,folding stock,a fixed magazine that holds more than 5 rds.and so on.Why can't the saiga have a ten rd. mag.

Because shotguns have a special set of evil features.

Ability to accept detachable mags is one feature.

Mag of over 5 rounds is another

These only apply to Semi-auto shotguns

Yep, shotguns are special under the '94 Crime Bull...err...Bill.

I don't really care about going prone with it, and don't care to have yet another tube fed shotgun. As I do have a LEO letter on file with my local gun shop, that doesn't present a problem. Didn't know there were 8-round Saiga mags floating around, though...any idea where to find them?

Now if there was just a company making the old "Assault 12" varient of the Atchisson :)

A

I've got one of the USAS-12s on order. However, some other folks on the team find the Saiga much more in their price range, and are very interested in the LEO mags for it.

A

Hi. Best of luck with your new toy.

I believe that the importer is Kalashnikov USA. They have a website at www.kalashnikov-usa.com

I know that they used to list LEO mags. I could not find mention of them on the site anymore. I can only guess that this is from countless people (civvies) trying to order 8's. However, there is contact info listed at the site.

I'm sorry to let you down on this.

Retail price on the web site shows $995, I'll find out soon what dealer cost is. Cheaper than a dressed-out Benelli M1, I guess :(

A

Got my copy of Gun List today.

There is a company which is advertising LEO saiga's, along with the 8 round mags.

Assault Tech
904 882 6186

PO BOX 1121
Indian Trail, NC 28079

Back