Sellier & Bellot shells

dongun

I went to my local gun shop yesterday to buy some dove loads. The salesman introduced me to Sellier & Bellot shotgun shells - I had never heard of them. They are imported from the Czech Republic. According to the salesman they are the best thing since sliced bread. He implied that if I knew jack about shooting I would already know about S&B. Otherwise,his pitch was convincing, so I bought a case. I don't know if the shells are that good or they were all he had and I looked like a sucker.

What is the word on these shells?

I haven't tried the bird shot loads but have used the double buck with good results.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

I've fired thousands of rounds of S&B in .380, 9mm, .40, .45, .303, 6.5x55, and 12ga 00 buck. My only complaint is that the handgun ammo is rather dirty. Never had a misfire. And it is cheap. I also have some S&B .308 match and .223, but I haven't tried them yet.

Jared

S&B 00 buck ammo is great. I'm not sure if you can use it in guns chambered for 2 3/4 only. The shells are a little longer than most 2 3/4 shells and they are a little shorter than 3" shells. Also, using S&B shot shell will reduce your magazine capacity by one round.

I've used about a 1,000 rounds of S&B .223 in a bolt action with no problems.

------------------
If "the people" in the 1st, 4th, 9th & 10th amendments, means "the people", why do some folks think "the people" in the 2nd amendment means "the state"?

I have shot a lot of their 2 3/4" 00 buck shots in my HD shotguns and they are reliable and pattern very well in my Remington 870. I keep 200-300 rounds of these shells as my "just in case" ammo in my safe.

They have been around the Clays courses for years. Their quality is OK but not up to the big three (Remington ,Winchester Federal). If you do not reload they are adequate. I would not use them in a tournament but for casual shooting they work fine.

Haven't used them for hunting.

Geoff Ross

I've gone thru 2 cases so far this year,no problems. Scores in clay shooting just as good as with higher priced shells. For the money(3.15/bx)they are hard to beat,more shells = more pratice. Winning combo in my book.

------------------
Be careful what you ask for..You may get it.
An unloaded pistol is a paperweight.

Back