Sellier & Bellot ammo Q?

bk40

Does anyone know what that bronze-like substance is (that rubs off on your finger when loading mag) that S&B uses on their ammo? I have had good results w/ their 9mm 115gr FMJ ammo.

------------------

...... bk40

Nope, but I've been thru 100's of rounds of their stuff in .45, 9mm, and .380 with no problems (my PPK/s doesn't like it,but it's a very finicky eater) - clean shooting, accurate, and reliable. The bronze stuff washes off with soap. Aside from the tick and hair loss, I seem to be fine (JOKING!). It's good stuff for the price. M2

Beware their .357 magnum ammo - cases split up the side a bit too often for my liking!

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

HS,

The problem you've described may also be due to an oversized chamber. If you're experiencing this in a revolver, note the chamber and see if it continues to be the same one that frequently has the problem. Alternatively, you can get a "smithy" to do a chamber cast(s) relatively inexpensively and ensure that the chamber dimensions are within SAAMI specs.

I've never had any problem with S&B ammo and I've been through hundreds of rounds of .45,
9mm and .32 with no problem. I've been told that the cases are high quality and good for reloading.

Mykl, I've seen the .357 mag cases split in way too many brands & models at my club.

Not 20 out of 50 or anything that bad but say 5 out of a box of 50.

Urgghh.... makes your skin craw don't it ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

HS,

I used to shoot large quantities of .357 from S&W N-frames. I never experienced split cases except with work hardened brass from reloads that had not been properly annealed. They would always split at the mouth of the case.

Has anyone at your range cut the cases in cross section through the splits to see if there is a perceptable difference in the case wall thickness? Alternatively, measure the outside diameter of the case to see if it is undersized?

Has anyone tried their .223s? They seem to be reasonably priced but need to know if they have been reliable and accurate. MOA accuracy need not apply! Just say out to about 100 yards for 2/ 4 legged predators. Any comments, good or negative appreciated. Thanks.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Back