Seen the DeSantis Ghost 3 holster sys, yet?

VaughnT

I just caught their teeny-tiny mention in the 12/02 issue of Combat Handguns (pg 102) and thought it might be the solution to my problems.

I have been searching for some time to find a decent duty holster but none of the big makers offer a nice holster for the Colt 1911. I originally wanted one of those polymer leather holsters (safarilaminate, bianchi millenium, etc) for durability and good looks, but I just had the opportunity to use a kydex holster in a Qual shoot and really liked how fast they are. Sadly I can't find one that will fit a 2" duty belt or has a jacket slot hanger.

The DeSantis Ghost 3, whatever that means, appears to solve all my problems. It has an integral safety catch of some kind, jacket slot hanger, clean lines, good looks, and can be retrofitted for several different kinds of carry. Duty belt by day, thigh holster by night! :D

The downside is that there aren't any pictures available. I email'd DeSantis this morning and hope to have some news by the end of tomorrow. Has anyone seen this rig in person or know when it's supposed to debut?

UPDATE: " Unfortunately, this article was printed in error. We have decided no to go forward with its manufacturing. " Straight from DeSantis. 12-2-02

Last edited:
Back