Seecamp .32 - Dry fire or no?

Pilate

Proud owner of an as new Seecamp .32. And I didn't get gouged! As the subject line says, I'm wondering about dry firing the Seecamp. I know it's a no-no in most mini guns, true for this one also? Please also share any experiences you have had with the Seecamp, especially regarding functional reliability. Also read in another topic that L.W. Seecamp is working on a .380... Fact or fiction? Thanks in advance.

Always use snapcaps when you dry-fire a weapon!!!!! :) :)
That way there is no chance of breaking the fireing pin.
As for reliability, as long as you fire Winchester Silver Tips, you are fine.
The Seacamp was designed to feed this ammo ONLY!!!!!!! It might feed ball, but I'm not sure.

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

hey pilate.
You made a great choice with the seecamp.
But you need lots of practice to be accurate with it. On the other hand, the Kel-Tec.32 for $225 did excellent on the range. It weights less and trigger pull is 5LBS less. It ate everything I put through it, even lead bullets. I live in Connecticut and I have heard some strange stories about seemcamp's sevice department more negative than positive. So in conclusion, seecamp is more reliable and has a better resale value ($650 new and $595 used, go figure !?!?1) than Kel-tec, but in the end I have $400 in my pocket to get better on whatever kind of ammo my little Polymer desires.

chaho, I also live in CT. In the manual, it says something about light primer strikes, and to take it to a gun smith. Nothing about sending it back to the manufacturer... I understand that it's a one man shop. Each gun is turned out by LWS himself. I think that's why I prefer it over mass production minis. Each one has his name on it. I got mine in like new condition for my POS Kimber and $25. They were asking $500.

Hoffmans the largest volume dearler in the state does not carry seecamp and swears to every customer with a seecamp or is considering buying one. Maybe Scott and LWS got in a fight over wholesale prices !!??
They sell lots of Kel-tecs a month and have many on backorder.
Anyway, after putting several hundred rounds through our brand new Seecamp we decided to clean it ! Since the gun can not be broken down, one must pull the slide back with your thumb (below the slide) and fingure wrapped around the rear sight, holdding the slide in place; then using a Q-tip clean the breach area. Well good luck ! gotta go and put few hundred rds with my cheap Kel-tec.

Just let my father carry a loaded but unchambered P32 around the house for the evening. Seems that he forgot he had it after a short while. He plans to come shoot it with me to get used to the action.

Chaho,

Can't be broken down? Did you not get a manual with your Seecamp? I will paraphrase the manual:

1. Unload the pistol.

2. Retract the slide and insert a cartridge, bullet end facing down, in the open space between the slide and breechface. Release slide. (the .32 round will hold the action open)

3. Insert a pin into the slide hole (on the left side/ middle of the serrations) and depress the spring loaded slide retainer plunger situated in the frame at the hole area.

4. Simultaneous with 3, lift up at the rear of the slide.

5. Holding the rear of the slide up, move it forward and off the frame.

Reassembly is slightly more complicated, but if you have any mechanical inclination and manual dexterity, you'll figure it out. If not, post here and I'll paraphrase the reassembly also.

Also, I never used to like going to Hoffmans. There would be 4 guys working in there doing absolutely nothing and I could stand there looking in a case for an hour and none of them would go out of their way to help me. Newington Gun Exchange isn't the biggest or best store around, but when I walk in there, they're like "What'll it be today? Anything you wanna see?" And call me by my name. Hoffmans is better now as a guy I knew from Wolf's Indoor Range works there now, and always helps me out. And you can't beat the selection of guns and especially accessories.

You said you had several hundred rounds through the Seecamp? Were they all Silvertips? Any failures? Thanks for the info.

Wow ! thanks pilate, i will tell my friend about the dissasembly procedure since we never bothered to read the manual. But we did put all silver tip rds which are expensive ($22 per 50rds box) with no failures. Did you have difficulty with disasembly and reasembly !

chaho -

I have never had any difficulty in disassembly/assembly of a SEECAMP. Also all should know that SEECAMP is now warrantying their new guns for all 32 ammo, not just 32 Silvertip!! After 500 rounds of SIlvertip, PMC, and 3D through mine I have had narry a problem. By the way, it is an amazingly clean gun. Even after 500 rounds, there is very little powder or lead residue in the gun.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

chaho-

The disassembly/reassembly is quite simple once you do it a couple times. Just watch that drawbar/trigger linkage. Also, I should have mentioned that the .32 cartridge will fall out of the way down the magwell when you lift the back of the slide... And also when reassembling, the spring is a double spring assembly and the double end goes into the frame.

ATM-

I heard the same thing from the salesman when I bought it. The manual and other documentation still have the rubber stamped "Use only Winchester Silvertip ammo only" all over it... That's nice to hear though, I like the Speer GoldDot round for carry ammo.

Good to hear praise of the Seecamp's reliability.

Back