Sedgley 22 (gun of the day)

johnwill

Here's one that I just thought was cute, so I picked it up. It's all working, with the exception of the trigger return end of the spring is broken. It was right here that I found out that one spring runs the whole gun! :) Someday, I'll perhaps stumble onto a spring for it...

67861_Sedgley_226small5.jpg

Rotsa Ruck! I went crazy trying to get springs for that gun and finally ended up making them. The first was tough because I had only a picture and no model, but later I made a few more and they worked OK.

One problem is that apparently they were made in the days of copper cases and even with like-new guns it is iffy if they will fire the modern hard brass cases.

Jim

P.S. Gun Parts lists some parts but not the springs; before you go nuts trying to find it, they have it listed under "H" for Henry M. Kolb, the original maker, rather than Sedgley.

JEK

I don't have a picture of the spring either, so I'm SOL for trying to make one. I don't think I want to go through that learning curve alone. :) I also considered just fitting a separate spring for the trigger. Of course, since I doubt this is going to win any accuracy contests, I may just keep it for it's cuteness and forget about the spring. :D

I seem to have a working Sedgley, but I haven't taken it apart yet. Anything I can do to be of assistance. Anyone know what there worth?
DED

Back