Secure holster

Micro man

I have been considering getting a concealed pistol permit here in Michigan and one of the things I need will be a holster.I currently own a Ruger SR9c and a SP101 snub nose. I'm not sure which one I will choose to carry, but know I will need a holster.i was hoping the members could give me some advice based on their experience.
I plan on IWB carry and was looking for something comfortable,concealable and most of all secure in the holster. I want a holster that will keep my gun tight to my body until needed. I have this fear that one day I will be in a busy store and my gun will fall from the holster and onto the floor(something I want to avoid at all cost). Any advice would be appreciated.

The holsters I like are Kramer Leather....

http://kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=23

Each holster he makes is model specific....so there is no question it will hold the gun properly.

Personally I like the IWB / horsehide ( not cowhide) / with the forward FBI tilt....and they'll cost you around $ 150.

I have a number of his holsters....for K frame S&W revolvers, 1911's, Sig 226's, Sig 239's, etc..../ IWB #2 is the model I prefer.

I favorite the Galco King Tuck's. I have one for my 1911 and my S&W J Frame. They are very comfortable, can be worn as any IWB or can be tucked when you need to make it that much less obvious, and both mine were less than $50.

There are SO many different options out there. What works best for one person doesn't work at all for another. Many gun owners have piles of holsters collecting dust because it took a good amount of experimentation to find the right holster.

I myself prefer leather holsters for the most part although I do have a couple made of kydex that work too. My preferred manufactures include:

High Noon (I like almost everything they make)
Mika Holsters (I like EVERYTHING he makes)
FoxX (a Michigan based company. I really like they're hybrid holster)
Uncle Mikes ( an inexpensive option for LCP pocket carry)
PJ Holsters (Kydex)
Safariland (OWB holsters for my heavier revolvers)

Highly regarded holster companies I've had zero success with include:

Remora (exceptional service. unfortunately Remora holsters simply don't work for me)
Crossbreed (exceptional service. well made holsters. just don't work for me)

There are too many to list that I've never tried that work well for others.

Experiment. See what works for you. Sell your unwanted holsters here in the BST forum.

Don't forget to invest in a quality belt. A crappy belt will make an exceptional holster work and feel like crap.

Don't forget to invest in a quality belt. A crappy belt will make an exceptional holster work and feel like crap.

That statement right there is very good advice indeed. The belt is every bit as important as the holster, don't skimp!

I'm one of those individuals who has a drawer full of holsters that just didn't work for me. I'm also one who does prefer leather over the other options out there but have experimented equally.
I carry an SP 101 myself and for my preference of how I like to dress, the all cotton or cloth shoulder holsters worn under your clothing are for me the best and most comfortable. Kangaroo or Deep Conceal are some examples, don't rule out that option without giving it some consideration.

FLF members thanks for the suggestions.There are a lot more holster makers out there than I realized. I had not thought much about a belt to use with a IWB holster but it sounds like I need to look carefully at that as well.

Micro Man,

Contact Ray at Lobo leather. He makes an assortment of different style holsters, both IWB and OWB. None of which are cheap or off the shelf, but all are TOP QUALITY. As others have written remember a good gun belt is as important as the holster.

Back