Second range visit with my Hi Point JCP

GaryED50

Put 60 rounds through with only one stoppage, Which I think was my fault. Long as I was using the proper two hand hold 59 rounds went through fine but the one tine I tried to shoot with one hand bingo failure to feed.

did I limp wrist the gun?

Gary

Yup, limpwristed. The slides on HP's have a tremendous amount of mass compared to the rest of the gun. That slows the cycling rate quite a bit. Also makes HP's pretty soft shooting. Any damping of the recoil action will jam it up.

One other question, on a few other platforms a number of people suggested removing the magazine disconnect safety.

Why would I want to do that?

Gary

Why would I want to do that?
Because some people don't want anything between their finger, and boom except a trigger and hammer, or stryker. But it is a surprise to me that they would even be commentating ona Hi Point.
Unless there is some kind of presumed "problem" with the Hi Point magazine safety that I haven't heard of, or experienced myself.

On some designs the magazine disconnect safety can negatively impact the weight and feel of the trigger. I do not know if that's true on a Hi Point. Other than that some don't like the idea that if you needed to discharge the pistol in the middle of a tactical reload you wouldn't be able to with a magazine safety. Even more simply don't like it on principle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back