Second Amendment Positions of the Presidential Candidates

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Here is the link: http://www.nraila.org/show.cgi?page=/research/19990908-SecondAmendment-001.shtml

They cover the positions of the following candidates: Bill Bradley, Al Gore, Gary Bauer, Pat Buchanan, George W. Bush, Elizabeth Dole, Steve Forbes, Orrin Hatch, Alan Keyes, John McCain and Dan Quayle.

It's scary how many of these candidates are for some type of gun control. It almost seems like a forgone conclusion that we will end up with more gun control laws.

------------------
"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsay Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

corrected a misspelling - TBM

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited September 09, 1999).]

So where is the Libertarian candidate? I guess they just forgot.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

deanf,
Im not trying to be smart, but when I asked a while back who it was, I was told that the libertarians hadnt voted on anyone at their convention yet....perhaps the media just didnt know who it would be., or they ignored em...fubsy.

Fubsy,
Yeah, I agree. They apparently ignored all the third party candidates - even Sen. Bob Smith.

Interesting...

AFAIK, none of the parties have held their conventions yet so there are NO presidential candidates - only nominees. Hmmm.

Maybe they only considered those parties who have a lengthy history of holding primaries in every state????

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 09, 1999).]

I wrote the Reform Party asking about what their position is on Gun Laws in general and the 2nd Amendment in particular over a month and a half ago.

I have heard nothing back from them.

Now I just heard Pat Choate saying they don't take any position on "social issues".

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Sounds like a dodge to me.

From the press clippings at that site, I like best:

1. Alan Keyes
2. Pat Buchanan

Last on the list (from worst to less offensive):
1. Bill Bradley
2. Liddy Dole
3. Algore
4. George W.

Hey now, Pat is for gun regulation.

I heard him say that "anything that needs a trailer hitch to move it around, maybe we should look at some kind of permit"

No problem, I'll get a license plate for the trailer. ;)

Better not tell Mike Dillon. ;)

------------------
Without the 2nd Amendment,the Declaration of Independence is an old post card and the entire Constitution is just notes from a bridge club meeting.

[This message has been edited by Contender (edited September 11, 1999).]

DeanF: Nah, they didn't forget the Libertarian candidates, (FYI, the major parties haven't gone any further in selecting THEIR candidates, either, so that's just a dodge.) the omission is deliberate. The NRA operates on a need to know basis, and in their opinion you do NOT need any information which might lead you to question NRA endorsements.... Which are almost always issued on a "lesser of two evils" basis, with the candidate ratings fudged to make the lesser evil look good instead.

Don't you think it's about time the NRA let us know how some of these candidates they've endorsed, who got elected and turned out NOT to be our friends, answered the candidate questionaires? Instead of keeping those answers a drop dead secret?

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

Back