Seattle / Tacoma Gunsmith?

Try the folks at Welcher's Gun Shop in Tacoma. I don't have the number, but I had some work done there on my Rem 870.

Mike

Mike at Welcher's Gun Shop in Tacoma is a good start. He's expensive, and slow as mud, but seems to do some good work. However, I have seen a couple botched jobs as well, so use your judgement.

If you're looking for Precision rifle work for top grade hunting, benchrest, or tactical bolt guns, I would suggest Mike Palazzo up in Kent. He's an older gentleman who, as a young man, used to work at the Pietro Beretta factory in Italy. His whole family did. EXTREMELY competent gunsmith with machining skills that are second to none.

If you're looking for stuff to be done to FALs, AKs, G3s, etc., get ahold of Mike Prewitt in Milton. He's done some work for me and is excellent to work with, and his work is very nice. His email is mprewitt@vircom.net

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Mike

------------------
"There's gunpowder and there's pu**y. Live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both."

For the shotgun, I'd try Welcher's.
For the FAL trigger job, contact me via email. I've done several FAL triggers and everyone has been satisfied with the results. It brings down the pull to a nice 4-5lbs, which is what you want for a battle rifle. Much easier to work with.
Cheers,
Mike

------------------
"There's gunpowder and there's pu**y. Live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both."

Lynwood Gun And Ammunition
20829 Highway 99 suite A
Lynwood WA 98036
425-774-8441

The guy that runs the gun store with the FFL is named Randy Ketchum. He
is closed on monday.

I have dozens of project guns, and when I want it done right, I take it to Randy. He is very good at fixing mistakes. I know one amatuer gunsmith who makes allot of mistakes :)

Tom Matz (one of the best smiths in the Puget Sound).

Tom has worked on many of the top end pistols, rifles and shotguns in Snohomish county and North King County for years and he's in the telephone book. Around SeaTac or Fed Way.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG

Back