Seattle Gunsmith Redhawk Action Job?

jtduncan

Anybody know of some good gunsmiths who can do an action job on an older Ruger Redhawk revolver around Seattle?

Both DA and SA?

Very accurate gun but want it smoothed and lightened up.

I just shot it today during lunch.

Love it. For a 1987 gun, it appears as if the old DA trigger didn't get used much.

I may drop in a reduced power spring kit. My fav gun dealer needs some legal help so he offered to install the springs, stone the sharp edges and smooth out the action for $20. And I could pick it up the same day. Real nice guy.

Anyway, outdoors at 25 yards I settled in on a load (7.3 grains of Universal) getting me 1.5 groups with a 240 grain hard cast lead SWC. Another Redhawk shooter here or at GT also suggested the load. Nice.

At 6.5 and 7.0 grains of Univ, I had 4 and 3" groups respectively. At $13 a box of 250 for the lead SWCs, I can shoot till the cows come home.
TiteGroup powder was just too fast and got the gun pretty dirty.

With some Rainier copper-plated bullets and some TiteGroup, and the 240 flatpoints I was getting only 2" to 3" groups at 45 feet indoors. But that is what I expected. I just used up some of my faster reloading powders. Lead SCWs are more accurate than plateds and many FMJ.

Having a great time with the R/H. Thanks.

Lynwood Guns has Randy Ketchum, and other gunsmiths drop into ask him questions.

All the work he has done for me has been great at reasonable rates. I only take him the things I can't do, and I have a milling maching, lathe, and oxy welder.

Back