seater plug

1chig

My rcbs seater die is leaving a ring arround my pretty cast bullits, they are the lee 158gn rnfp. is there a plug i can get for these bullets without calling rcbs? thanks and Merry christmas (early)

I have the same mold and I dont remember if I did it to this one or not, but I have taken the seater plug out of some of my dies and rounded off the inside just a touch with a Dremal. Just a little bit off the sharp edge is usually all it takes to get rid of the marks.

I've had to do this with a couple top punches too.

Just fill it with epoxy or even tin foil or hot glue !!

I`ve ground 1 of my seaters flat since most of my revolver bullets are rnfp or swc configuration .

If ya use a filler ya keep the option of cleaning it out & reserving it !

1chig

Big green is good to help !!! but I doubt it`ll fit perfect , most of Lee`s molds are just enuff different not to

I could`mt remember the lyman no. , just came from the mancave & I mainly use the 495 lyman TP or the flat 1.

The 495 is for the 358665 , some call it the cowboy bullet.

It is very shallow with a ring on the very edge .

GP100man,
i went ahead and tried what you suggested ( filling the one i have) with epoxy. It worked perfectly:). If the one from big green will work ill just clean the other one out. Now i can shoot the boolits without that ugly ring arround them lol thanks alot again

Back