Searching for Smith Corona

TMF1911

Inactive
I am searching for a Smith Corona1903a3 Serial 4814xxx. It was sold to a gun store around late 2001 early 2002 in the Capital District in NYS. It belonged to my late grand father. I am interested in buying it back. I know this is a long shot... If anyone has a lead that would be great. Thanks

You might also try the Garand collectors association. I know it's not a Garand but it's often the same sort of collector and I see these adds all the time in their magazine.

I will try the Garand Collectors. I do not think it is a good idea to post the full serial number. If someone see this and is within the range then I will share the rest. I don't want to get into some photo shop scam.

If you can, post a buy ad at the store you sold it to, the new owner may be a local. Run an ad in the local paper, too.

Expect to put the new owners kid through Harvard for a semester to get it back.

Oh, darn, back to bonehead math.

Still applies. X out the last two numbers and cut it down to 100. Why?
Why not just identify the rifle?
Did Dad sneak it off the base and you are worried about being in possession of misappropriated government property?
Photoshop scam? How would that work? It would hold up about two seconds once you got the rifle in hand.

Back