Searching for 1891 Argentine Mauser Parts

Gator Weiss

1891 Argentine Mauser - Looking for rear sight ladder with slide, hinge pin, and and the leaf spring for same. Already have the rear base mounted and silver-soldered. I just need the rest of it. Have been finding prices ranging from 14 to 40 bucks.

Does anyone on the forum have one they wish to sell? Does anyone on the forum have a vendor in mind?
This is for a new project.

I bought one "chopped" with an excellent bore. I like this cartrdige, though there are better cartridges available. This is one of my pet calibers. I got hold of a laminated pre-cut stock I am shaping and preparing to bed. I want the iron sights intact, and I will use a scope on a high mount so I can still use the iron sights for close-in shooting if I want.

These are great rifles. I dont believe in chopping an original. If I find one already chopped, then I will work on it as a project rifle. This has had the barrell shortened by about 3 inches, so restoring it to original configuration would be difficult. So it will become a sporter. It needs re-crowned and the sights put back on it, and a little bit of trigger work, and a stock. This one should make a great shooter.

Here's a complete unit on eBay, but it looks like it may have been overheated when removed. I would ask questions first.

Auction # 320674694472

Here's another: 390300681244

A bit late, perhaps, but you didn't have to silver solder that base on; the originals were just soft soldered. Enough heat for silver solder could harm the barrel steel.

Jim

Back