• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Search

JimmyR

When I try to do a search, I get an odd message

vBulletin Message said:
connection to localhost:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Is this an effect of the server move, or something else?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have PM'ed Tyme, and will copy his response here if it doesn't make it here first...

Can't solve the problem except to say that the vBulletin search function sucks anyway. Use you favorite internet search engine and enter:

site:thefiringline.com/forums

followed by your other search terms. Works much better.

As noted at the top of the page (but it's easy to miss it), TFL just moved servers.

That means a lot of administrative work needs to be done, and I suspect that some of that is rebuilding the search indexes so that all of the information points to the correct place.

Give it time.

It's fixed, partially. It's searching, but I need to keep an eye on it to make sure the search index updates properly.

Mike Irwin said:
As noted at the top of the page (but it's easy to miss it), TFL just moved servers.

That means a lot of administrative work needs to be done, and I suspect that some of that is rebuilding the search indexes so that all of the information points to the correct place.

Give it time.

I saw the header, and referenced the server move in the OP. As it stated, any issues should be reported either here or to tyme. I figured I'd do both, in hopes that a) tyme got the message and b) didn't get bombarded with 1000 users saying the same thing.

Thanks tyme for the quick response!

Good show, then.

I just figured you missed the message, as most do. I even missed it the first few times I logged on. Your eye just doesn't really go up there, and the black on blue is kind of hard to read.

Back