• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Search feature limited?

pax

Hey all ~

I was just perusing the past posts of one of our more prolific members. It was fascinating to see how this person's views have evolved over time. I was just skimming through the search returns, clicking on whichever thread links caught my fancy, when I suddenly realized: all her posts weren't there!

The search stopped returning results after 20 pages (on "view as posts" rather than "view as threads"). But Tamara's posted a great deal more than 20 pages' worth, and her earliest posts weren't there because of the limitation.

Presumably it was set that way to save bandwidth? In setting it that way, you figured no one would ever notice, I suppose. But hey, I noticed. And dangit, I want to see the rest of her posts~!

If you can't or won't toggle the setting, could you suggest a workaround for me?

Thanks.

pax

Actually, it wasn't by design. There's a default in the system to show only 500 search results. I've changed that to 1,000,000. Please report back here as to any degradation in the search times as a result.
Rich

pax,

If you can't or won't toggle the setting, could you suggest a workaround for me?

When I'm feeling narcissistic, I list oldest posts first, or search in a particular date range. ;)

Back