• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

search disabled?

The reindex usually takes a day or two. Seems that there's been some extra hicups this time. (I've noticed the site down here and there.) Might take longer.

Everyone just REMAIN CALM. We have everyone working on everything right at this moment. Things will be back to normal soon.

Here's the update on search.

We purchased an additional 500MB of Ram for the server to bring it up to 1.25 GB. This had to be installed by a third party with me directing remote control...the server is 3,000 miles away from me.

Turns out the Linux Op System only recognizes 900MB of the Ram at present....an increase of about 100MB over what it was. We're working on a solution to this now.

Meantime, I restarted the search index, returning to the preferred 3 character minimum. (When we get all the memory in, I hope to drop down to 2 characters).

Problem with the reindex is that it's a web process that takes about 36 hours.....during that time the Browser page must remain resident on my computer. Unless I'm *real* careful, any link that I open from another program that causes that active "reindex" Browser to pop up will load the new page over the reindex. The "Back" button results in "Page Not Found"....thus, we start from scratch.

This has happened several times. I now have the reindex running on a separate, dedicated laptop to avoid this overwrite program. It started this AM and is currently on Thread 56,520 of 100,000+.

Hope this helps.
Rich

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This has been a test of the emergency "TFL is currently down for maintenance" system.

This has only been a test...

Rich,

I have said it before, and I will say it again, but thank you very much for your dedication and effort on our behalf. I for one am very appreciative.

Back