Screw size for Ruger M77 rear sight blade

Astocks2622

A friend has a Ruger M77 in 7mm Rem with iron sights. One of the small screws for adjusting the rear sight blade broke. Does anyone know the size and pitch of the screw? I'm hoping to pick up the screw at a local hardware store before going and fixing the gun. I can make two trips if necessary and grab the remaining good screw to match, but it would be nice to just do it all in one shot.
Midway also sells a Ruger rear sight clamp screw, but there aren't any specs to tell me if they are referring to what I need for sure. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The one I needed for my Winchester was 2/56. You will not find one of these in a hardware store. You might get lucky and find this size in a hobby shop for R/C model planes and cars but it will most likely be silver and not blue.

You might just call Ruger and they will probably just send you one free of charge. Ruger has the very best warranty service you will find.

Thanks, I did end up getting the screw from the gun and matching it at a local hardware store that has a few bins of "gun screws". Ended up being a 1x72... A bit long, but was able to install, then trim excess. Should be gtg now.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back