Scratched finish

mrat

I have a couple of blued pistols that I bought used that have some scratches. Is there anything I can use to make them go away. I bought some scratch cover up for furniture today and it got me wondering if there is anything for guns.

Mrat, there are several cold blues on the market that will color the scratches. But if they are deep all you can do is polish them out and then touch up the blue. Brownells, 44/40 is about the best for just touching up and covering scratches. George

Thanks George

Another question I have is about some stuff I heard about that Brownells has. I think it is a teflon coating that is baked in the oven. Do you know the name of it and how good and easy to apply is it?

Mrat, it's called Brownells Teflon/Moly. You simply degrease the parts, spray it on and bake. I've found that Brownells TCE or Acetone works best for the degreasing. If you will heat the parts to about 100deg before spraying the coating dries on contact and eliminates runs. Then just follow the directions on the can. www.brownells.com George

Back