Scratch on Firing pin safety on Glock19?

akdreams

Inactive
I have a G19 with 400 rounds thru it, and I noticed a scratch on the firing pin safety. Is this a problem or should I forget about it? I am probably just being to anal.

Thanks

When I got my first Glock 45cal; all kinds of plastic and metal came off of it and I got rather unnerved (scared) due to the fact all manner of stuff fell off. After a while I decided that the gun was smoothing itself out. Personally, I did not know that Glocks had any kind of safety; that little trigger offset is what you are referring to as the safety guard I assume. I have seen other Glock owners who have an absolutely worn out trigger offset that allows the gun to fire even in a holster. The amount of trigger offset is so little protection that the only way to be sure is to keep the barrel empty. Some guys I know even keep 1 or even 2 fake bullets for various reasons. I do not believe in fake bullets; I have enough trouble with too many real ones, but I am really motivated to get a whole lot of different fake bullets for all my calibers and set it up for safety.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hart Industries Defense:
When I got my first Glock 45cal; all kinds of plastic and metal came off of it and I got rather unnerved (scared) due to the fact all manner of stuff fell off.[/quote]

That would bother me, since I've never seen any plastic or metal come off any of my Glocks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I have seen other Glock owners who have an absolutely worn out trigger offset that allows the gun to fire even in a holster. The amount of trigger offset is so little protection that the only way to be sure is to keep the barrel empty. [/quote]

I can't imagine what your friends are doing to their Glocks to wear out the trigger safety! Once again, this is something that I've never heard of or seen.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Some guys I know even keep 1 or even 2 fake bullets for various reasons. I do not believe in fake bullets; I have enough trouble with too many real ones, but I am really motivated to get a whole lot of different fake bullets for all my calibers and set it up for safety.[/quote]

OK, You got me. What do you mean by "fake bullets", and how in the world will they increase safety??? I'm having real difficulty imagining how a "fake bullet" increases safety! Proper gun handling increases safety, not gimicks.

Okay, you're talking about the plunger gizmo you can see on the bottom of the slide when the thing's disassembled, right?

A longitudinal line close to the middle is not a problem, as long as it's not really deep (like 1/16-inch!). The part of the trigger bar that pushes the thing up to allow the strike to go forward just sits there in the frame as the slide cycles over it. So, the plunger gizmo slides over that part of the trigger bar and gets a bit of a mark.

No big deal at all.

Fake bullets:

Because some people believe that dry firing your gun is bad you can buy fake bullets at every store. It is a proven fact that dry firing your gun will impact your action and if your metal is cheap; it will damage over time. Also some guns have actions that go out of whack as the firing pin was not meant to go at full speed into the chamber. In reality, this fact is only aesthetics.

Because some people believe that putting one or two fake bullets gives them time to escape or do some self defense in case some one takes away your gun or because a kid or idiot might play with your gun and you need that time of safety for action fake bullets can be bought at any store.

In response to all the other safety and stuff. I am describing what I see and hear. My conversation no way reflects on my personal habits or opinions; they are merely observations in order to enlighten the world free internet society that such behaviors exist.

Some people turn their watches 5 to 30 minutes ahead to fool themselves. Some countries turn their watches ahead a full hour to fool their people. Some stores turn their watches backwards 10 minutes so their customers can eat or shop in peace.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hart Industries Defense:
Fake bullets:

Because some people believe that dry firing your gun is bad you can buy fake bullets at every store. It is a proven fact that dry firing your gun will impact your action and if your metal is cheap; it will damage over time. [/quote]

OK, you're talking about snapcaps, I get it.

FWIW, There are only a very few centerfire pistols that will be damaged by dryfiring. My Glocks and 1911's have been dry fired thousands of times without any damage, and I'm sure there are lots of other people here that will tell you the same thing. Dryfiring is an excellent way to practice presentation, trigger control, and grip when you're not at the range.

Some .22 firearms can be damaged by dryfiring, with the Ruger lineup excluded, since they have provided protection against dryfiring damage.

Back