• Burris Variable Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weaver Fixed Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.. Please specify

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

teejhot.40cal

So here is the deal, I purchased a 303 enfield with a scout scope set up. It has an NCstar on it which I plan to replace. The rifle put the all the shoots a really tight group but the scope won't hold a zero. It also has something with the turrets where up is down and down is up, So it needs to go. Now the problem with a scout setup is you can't just go to your local gun shop and have a ton of options. So I pose this question to the internet experts, what has worked for others that have used this set-up? What have you use?

The problem with a "Scout " set up is there are fewer choices in long eye relief scopes, and variables are going to drastically reduce the field of view

Leupold is the best choice from the options listed, and I think a straight 4 power would work best

I have a Burris 2-3/4 and a leatherwood 2-7x, the leatherwood is very good scope. I like the adjustable power option.

I've used both the Burris fixed 2X and the Leupold fixed 2.5X.

The Leupold is clearer.

On the guns in question (.30/30 and a short barreled 7-08 carbine), I see no need for a higher powered optic- both are relatively short range deer hunting guns: if something the size of a deer is so far away that you might need a more powerful telescope to see it better, then it's probably too far away to shoot.

Back