Scott McClellan admits to lying about Plame leak.

Treason :rolleyes:

Nothing Scott McClellan is quoted as stating to the press was untrue.

It was Richard Armitage at State who leaked Plame's identity, not Rove, not Cheney, and not Libby. Armitage has admitted this.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/08/leak.armitage/index.html

It's not clear that any crime was committed in the Plame affair. In order for a crime to have occurred, the CIA Officer has to have served overseas for a period of time within the five years preceeding the leak.

Plame has never been clear on this matter, giving conflicting accounts of her status as an Overseas Intelligence Officer to both the Senate and House Intelligence Committees.

As per the Libby conviction, no faulty memory is to be tolerated in this matter.

Plame has to have committed perjury in one of those hearings and really should be prosecuted for it as was Libby.

If Armitage was a liar, Fitzgerald a partisan conniver to make a case out of nothing, Colin Powell is entirely despicable.

He knew Armitage was the leaker and he lied to GWB about it.

As a general officer in the Army, who never retires, he should be recalled to active duty and prosecuted for lying to the CINC, conduct unbecoming. He betrayed his oath to this country by allowing a BS circus to exist far too long, wasting dollars and screwing over the country in petulance because Bush would not do it his way.

As SecState, he should be banished forever from opining on matters of diplomacy and never be allowed to hold such a post on behalf of the US ever again.

As a man, he ought to hide his face.

I cringe whenever I see the slimeball.

>> FYI, Another insider gets a conscience

If by "gets a conscience" you mean "has a book to sell", then yes, I agree.

The NBC affiliates and Chris Matthews types will be indignant and preach to their choir.

The Fox affilates will either ignore or downplay and preach to their choir.

In the end,not one single opinion or vote will change.

Maybe McClellan can sell a few books,and people can decide whether it is truth or fiction.

The NBC affiliates and Chris Matthews types will be indignant and preach to their choir.

The Fox affilates will either ignore or downplay and preach to their choir.

In the end,not one single opinion or vote will change.

True, but its looking more and more like history will be extremely critical of the Bush tenure of the white house. His staff is dropping like flies and "Selling books" if thats what you want to call it. We all know Bush chooses his staff based more on loyalty than qualification (Harriet Meyers). So for someone like McClellan to come out like this does not sound like a simple ploy to sell more books.

So for someone like McClellan to come out like this does not sound like a simple ploy to sell more books

The book isn't due out until April. Is this little teaser excerpt for anything other than selling books?

Well, it looks as if the press was lying about what McClellan was referring to. He was talking about WMD's in Iraq, and not the Plame affair.

The entire exercpt from his book:

The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

There was one problem. It was not true.

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the President himself.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/29395.html

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President's chief of staff, and the President himself.
This part seems more relavant to me. I don't agree with the notion that "unknowingly" passing on false information constitutes a lie. But passing on false information while claiming to know it's true is a lie. "Slam dunk" comes to mind.

I don't play favorites; I'm not inclined to let partisan politics get in the way of calling a spade a spade.

Back