scoped mountain gun

geez768

I saw a rifle the other day i would like to replicate just for fun. i have several black powder rifles and ive always likes shooting black powder (rare for my generation (27yrs old) but thats another story). I saw a side lock with a scope that was said to be very accurate with patch and ball. does anybody have any info on such a rifle. i have a CVA mountain gun that shoots very good. thinking of getting another one and puting a new barrel on. does anybody make a aftermarket barrel that is pre-drilled for scope or will i have to have my stock barrel drilled.

I was thinking Dixie too, but

I think this is what he's thinking about:
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=4041

EP0008.jpg

and geez, is this the type of CVA mountain rifle you've got?

HPIM0401a.JPG

That's mine - a 54 - and I really like it.

im not going to touch the one i have now. its a tack driver with open sights. im going to pick up another one for this project.

scope

Well, I wasn't endorsing that scope and after looking at the reviews of it, I wouldn't! Won't hold zero! But that's the kind - there are others available I know that I've seen.

The .50 barrel CVA can be tapped easy enough, but I cringe at the thought. I have a pair of the CVA .54 Mountain Stalkers that came from Bass Pro. Gave $60.00 new with the plastic stocks. Their 5 1/2 lb weight= bad recoil. Have sheared screws off on these. I'd never mar my old .50 Mountain Rifle that way. There are lots of cheap CVA inlines out there, tapped and ready to go.

Back