Scoped Mosin

They are all the best. It is hard to not find an excellent mounting system for the Mosin.

However, you may have parameters that you have not shared with us. For instance, do you want the rifle to remain in original condition? If so, that eliminates several options. Or, if you want an historical mount that was actually used in wartime, that limits your options too.

Google is your friend. Take a look at some of the images it returns and decide what you think will be best for you. Whatever you decide, I can pretty much guarantee will work. It is very hard to screw up anything on a Mosin.

Is B-Square still in business? They had a few interesting no or minimal smiting mounts that used the rear sight base for a mounting point with a low-lowered optic.
I think you can hit IO,orNumrich for a turned down bolt assembly and a base for the PU or PE repros...I'd check out surplusrifle.com ,or one of the others like gunco.net.Maybe armslocker.com-theres som eknowledgeable folks there as well.

I had a rear site mounted scope on my 91/30. It worked pretty well. Just make sure you use a bunch of lock-tite. Mine came loose after the 1st shot.

I drilled and tapped mine for the PU scope. I'm a huge advocate for it (you just need to be careful when you do it)

It's a rock solid mounting point, and always stays in line with the reciever.:)

mount

I had a rear site mounted scope on my 91/30. It worked pretty well. Just make sure you use a bunch of lock-tite.
+1 about that. Since applying Locktite, the scope has maintained zero.
Pete

Yeah, I know it's kind of crappy to get (or do) a bolt modification for those puppies. It is great when you do though - you have a scope AND you can still use the iron sights for close stuff.

Back