Scoped M1A accesories

Ruben Nasser

I'm the happy owner of a M1A rifle, fitted with a Fulton Armory laminated stock, and scoped with a Tasco SS 10x42 on Spring. Third Gen. mount. It shoots beautifully, but I need a cheek piece about 1 1/2" high to properly align my eye to this high mounted scope. I would like a good looking one, but all the tall "tactical" cheekpieces I found look like a bag of beans with a couple of velcro straps. Can anyone help me with this one? I also have a Harris bipod mounted on the stock, and it works OK but seems a bit flimsy for long term endurance. I've seen the Sringfield bipod, but it is mounted on the barrel, and I'm afraid it could ruin the accuracy of the gun, can anyone recommend something else? Thanks!!

Forget the bipod unless you have it attached to the stock. Anything attached to the barrel will cause variance in the barrel's harmonics; thereby causing your groups to open.

Can't help you with the cheekpiece. I like Mauser's approach of making it adjustable (so if you dismount the scope, you can lower it and use your irons).

Maybe I should try the old "do it yourself" trick of covering a foam spacer with some neoprene foam that "grips" the stock, with that I'll have the option of a (more or less) quick-detach cheekpiece, which will allow me to better use the iron sights via the "see-trough" mount.

Back