scope repair and AR stocks

Jeff2131

Hey guys, i have 2 questions, totally unrelated.

1. I have a Barska 6-24x50 IR swat scope and i had it on my dpms ar10 sass. Like it alot, very clear optics and served me well until a few weeks back when i suddenly lost all focusing. I went ahead and bought another identical scope and that one works great also. So i picked up the old one and noticed a "clunking" sound inside in the front half of the scope when i tip it back and forth. I talking with a few people, it sounds like something related to the focusing came "unthreaded or unmounted" and is flopping around inside. Since i have a new scope, id like to use this one as a learning opportunity. Id like to take it apart and see whats going on and attempt to fix it. I realize that they r nitrogen filled and sealed, im not really concerned about refilling it, just want to attempt to fix it learn a few things, and have a "beater" type scope to throw on another rifle or even use it as a spotting scope. So, can anyone recommend an affordable "tool kit" for disassembly, repair, and reassembly?

2. I have a .50 beowulf upper that i recently built and am using on my Core15 ar15 standard lower. I shoot about 50 rounds through it every week and quite frankly, its starting to take its toll on my shoulder. Im all about raw power and am a bit of a recoil junky but this thing is makin my shoulder scream. Any recommendations for a stock that will cushion/absorb some recoil? Do the make a stock that has a spring mounted rubber end that will give kind of like a shock absorber on a car?

Seems like a good opportunity to try out Barska's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

May find out it is "limited" to scopes that don't break.

I did contact barska, the want my reciept...lol. i dont have a reciept from 2 years ago. Im not gonna pay to ship it and fix it and then have them charge me what i bought it for or more. Its only $160 on amazon so thats why i bought a new one. Just want to make the old one a learning opportunity and possible fix it and get a little use out of it.

Buy once, cry once. Spend your money on quality optics instead of bottom shelf ones. Now that your in two of them for over $300 your in a price range where you could have gotten a better class of glass.

Anybody able to answer my 2 questions in the OP? Not interested in hearing about what i should have spent on a scope or someones opinion of a barska.

Thanx, good little video. Will be useful when i get to taking mine apart. Still need to find a good affordable tool kit for disassembly though.

Another assist with heavy recoil is rifle weight. You don't mention what type buttstock but a quick inexpensive thing to try if you have an A2 style stock is a weight for the cleaning compartment cavity. Depending on your barrel that may even help balance.

Back