Scope rail for 686

rock_jock

I want to use my 4" 686 for "scoped" competition in 50-yd silhouette match. But, I think I will need a scope w/ weaver rail. Any suggestions?

How old

is your 686? Most newer ones, and I can't remember how long back but I think 94 (?) come tapped from the factory for scope mounts. Open cylinder and turn upside down and you should be able to see the screw holes.

Check Brownells they should carry something from some of the custom smiths who are now parts suppliers. Most will have a weaver rail that will already fit the pretapped holes. I'm at work right now otherwise I'd look up something for you, when I get off I will. But you'll be able to find something.

Rock_Jock,

I have a scope and weaver base mount that I could sell you!!

The scope is a Bushnell Variable 2-6 power scope with unlimited eye relief. The scope has a black finish. I use to have it on my 586 before I took it off. I used it to take two groundhogs at 80 yards. The scope can take the recoil of heavy loads, better than your 686 will.

The scope cost me $170.00 new and then another $30 dollars for the weaver mount. Would you be interested in it at $100 plus shipping for all of it? I am in Indiana so that will give you an idea of shipping.

Boo586
Mark Bradford

Boo,

Let me think about it. Don't get me wrong - it sounds like a good deal and I am familiar with the Bushnell 2x6 scope as I have one one my Super Redhawk. Its just that I was set on a red dot, but your offer deserves some thought.

I decided to go wth an Ultra Dot red dot scope and one of Jack Weigand's Integramounts. I'll post in a few weeks and let everyone know how it shoots.

Back