Scope question

Andrew

Yesterday I ordered a silver finished Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 to go with my Volquartsen Custom 10/22 that should be arriving soon, and I was going to order rings from Brownells today. When I got home from work, I realized that I didn't know the tube diameter of the scope is 1" or 30mm, and Brownells was closed so I couldn't ask them. Does anyone have this scope or otherwise know what size tube it has? It is important because the Burris weaver-style "zee" rings, which are the only rings that I could find in the Brownells catalog that mount to a Weaver-style base, come in a silver finish and look decent, only come in 1" diameter.

Thanks in advance.

The VARI-X II 3-9x40 is a 1" tube . You might have a problem with parallax using that scope as it is set at 100 yards and I am guessing most of your shooting will be at 50 yards or less . Leupold might be able to set the parallax at 50 , I know Burris will do this with their scopes . Good luck , Mike...

Mike-

I'll mostly be shooting it at 50 yds, but also at 100. How much of a problem will it be at 50 yds?

I'm probably going to send the scope back and get the Vari-x II 4-12x40, because that has an adjustable objective.

Back