scope or reflex

wesb45acp

Inactive
i own a savage mark ii 22lr use it mostly for squirrel hunting and plinking debating on scope or reflex sight don't really shoot over 50 yards what are good options for both at reasonable prices

As for scopes if all you want to do is reach out and touch 50 yards than just about any budget scope should do the job. I have a lot of old tasco 4x32 scopes taken off deer rifles on several of my 22 rifles.

If you want you can spend millions of dollars but $40 should get the job done.

I put a 3-9x40 prostaff on mine. It is just perfect, even has BDC bubbles I can use quickly out to 150 yards. I use it for rabbits commonly at 75-90 yards.

That's my recommendation, something with a BDC reticle to help with the rainbow trajectory that is .22 rim fire.

Well Wal-Mart has a few scopes they have Bushnell, center point and i believe 1 or 2more brands so perhaps I'll try one with rings i still want use of the irons

I like my Hi Lux Micro-Max B-Dot reflex sight, that I just bought for around $269. It rivals the Aimpoint, and does have a 55,000 hour battery life -- setting the 2 moa red dot at midrange.

I also just bought a BSA 3-12X40mm Contender Class rifle scope for my Kimber Classic 22 for around $140, that I bought from Airgun Depot. I like it very much, and it has excellent clarity in the lenses.

Last edited:
Back