Scope mouont on Ruger 77/22

yggorf

I am trying to figure out which size rail the Ruger 77/22 has -- is it 11 mm, 3/8", or ?? I have one that I am measuring at about 12.5 mm at the top -- but not sure if that is the proper measurement location.

All this consternation just to figure out what kind of rings will fit on it.

Hoping someone here knows off the top of their head...

I have the same rifle and rather than use the Ruger rings which work fine, I opted
to put a picatinny rail on mine.

I do not remember if my rail is from Weigand or someone else but it mounts to the rifle using the same attach points as the Ruger rings.

The advantage to me is that it is a very easy thing to mount a whole lot of scopes that you may already have to the rifle with a lot less difficulty.

Most of my bolt guns have rails on them for that very reason. Once the eye relief is set for one rifle and the scope is all squared up, it is a pretty easy thing to take the scope off one rifle and switch it to another.

Throw a laser bore sighter and confirm a 25 yard zero and head to the range and fine tune.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...e-base-ruger-77-22-with-integral-mounts-matte

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have rings, but has a pair of grooves running forward and back. But which size dovetail adaptor do I need to fit into those grooves (the Weigand is too expensive, so looking for other options.)

Yes, the Ruger American has standard 3/8" (tip-off) grooves and is tapped for Weaver bases. If the OP doesn't know what model rifle he has, it's difficult to give correct advice.

Back