Scope Mounts & Rings

Tango27

Again, asking for advice:

I'm looking to mount a Leupold Tactical scope (1" tube) onto a Remington 700 VS, and I'm considering different mounting options. What are some recommendations? At the extreme end, I'm thinking of Iron Brigade Armory's one-piece mount for $175. Has anyone used this mount? Is it as good as they say?

What about standard rings and mounts? Leupold Mk IVs are probably going to be the most popular, right? I'm guessing on a one-piece base?

Thanks!

I don't have Iron Brigade mounts, but if I were to redo my rifle (including redrilling and retapping for bigger mounting screws), I'd go Iron Brigade.

It's really not necessary but if you're into 800 plus meters/yard shooting, it's gives you the additional MOA built into the base.

Let me preface this by saying I am assuming it is in .308. If you want to get enough adjustment out of that particular scope to reach 1000m you will need a tapered base, otherwise you will run out of adjustment around 700m.

I reccomend Badger Ordnance 20 MOA tapered one piece base (about $150.00) and Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope Rings. (about $150.00)

Other good brands to look at are:

M.W.G.
Atuagua Arms
G.G.& G.
Leupold MKIV rings are OK, but not high on my list.

------------------
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.

I have two tapered bases from Atauga on Rem 700 in 308 they work great even past 1000yds. I called Rusty last week to get another one but he is slow to return calls. but they are worth the weight!

Back