Scope Mount for Western Field SD 59A

Lama

Inactive
When I was a kid (a long time ago!) my dad gave me this Western Field .22 that had a scope mounted on it. After many years of shooting it, I got curious and took the scope apart....which I promptly broke! So, until I got a new scope, I took off the scope brackets, which are now lost to posterity.

I now want to get a new scope to mount but brackets are not to be found. Due to the way it was manufactured, the scope mounts have to be screwed in from the left side instead of a weaver mount style down the center. The side screw holes are already tapped.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get a set of brackets that would fit this gun.....or what I would call the mounts that I'm looking for?

Thanks

I can only guess that the rifle has a "grooved receiver". Look at the top where the scope was to determine if it has a pair of parallel grooves lengthwise. If so, you'll need a set of rings for this type mounting.
If you have any other set-up, suggest taking the rifle to a storefront dealer for assistance.

Thanks, Clark....been on vacation and just now checking your reply. This looks like a potential solution so I'm going to delve into it !

Back