Scope Mount base MOA options

TrueBlue711

So I'm seeing different scope mount bases have different MOAs designed in them; from 0 MOA (standard flat top) to 20 MOA to 30 MOA. What would you suggest an MOA to have for a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag for shooting anywhere between 300 and 1000 yards? I was going to go with 30 MOA but wasn't sure if that would be too much for those closer shots (200-300 yards).
Scope is a Leupold VX-3i 8.5-25x50mm

A 30 MOA base will probably be too much for that scope,it all depends on how much total travel of elevation the scope has,and how high from the bore centerline the scope is mounted.
I run 20 MOA bases or rings on all my 30mm main tube scopes,and 30 MOA bases on my 34mm & 40mm main tube scopes,but the bigger tube scopes have a lot more travel adjustment.

It is typically recommended that for 0-500 yards use a 0MOA base.
500-1000 yards 20MOA.

So if you are planning on shooting 1000 yards i'd go with the 20 MOA base, which i run on my 1 inch tubes also.

Make sure you have enough adjustment in your scope . I had to change a 20 moa mount to a zero mount , my scope ran out of adjustment , was using the bracketing system until I changed the mount . Also center the mount helps in side to side adjustment .

Back