Scope help ruger Toklat

Dano4734

I was going to use the iron sights to hunt this year but my old eyes don't seem to like me lately. Now ruger supplied rings with the gun, but what base and scope should I use. 2x should be fine for me.. Can you good people advise me.. Thank you
Dan

Oh, my 454 is the five inch barrel, I just saw in my book they are the mount and rings, cool so what scope should I look at. I see now how the supplied rings fit the grooves on the gun to make up the base

Last edited:
Take a look and the ultra dot, it's what I'm hoping to put on my Super Redhawk at some point. Good reviews as far as durability. It's a red dot without magnification but should work great at handgun distances out to 100 yards.

I put on the 1.5 - 4x weaver and went to the range. It took all the big boy loads just perfect.. Great scope. I tore up a paper plate at 100 yards off a rest.. That will be my deer gun this year. Thanks so much for the info. Awesome.. Now my hand needs to recover Lol

Also I don't shoot deer at that range with a handgun I just don't want to injure anything. All the deer I got with my 44 mag has been around 50

Ugh well I should have listened better, I went with a variable weaver. Back at the range today I have a broken scope.. Just ordered a 2x Burris.. Tried to go a bit cheaper and should not have.. The weaver is under warranty so I will save it for a less powerful gun

Back