Scope for SRH ?

Bob C

I'm seriously considering putting a scope on my SRH .454. I want to stay with a lower power to maintain a wider field of view, and I think I want a fixed power for simplcity and durability.

I have a concern about eye relief, as I am 6'5", and I want to be able to keep the revolver at arm's length!

Any advise or comments about brands, models, etc. will be appreciated.

Well, I'm 5'6" and my SRH is a .44Mag, so this information may be of no use to you, but... I have a Leupold M8 2X20mm scope mounted on mine and it works great for me. Whether it will stand up to the pounding of a .454 I cannot say.

I first tried a Bushnell Elite 2x6 model which has worked well on some of my Contender barrels but could never get it to zero in on the SRH 454 (I switched it to a 22 Hornet Contender barrel and had no trouble zeroing in). I found a good deal on a used Leupold M8-4x28mm EER over at auctionarms.com and zeroed in without any problem using 250 gr Winchester Super-X ammo. I've also fired 260 gr and 300 gr rounds through it and have to make just minor adjustments. My suggestion is go with the Leupold. I have a M8-2x20mm EER on my SRH in 44 Magnum and that scope has held zero for thousands of rounds.

Good choice Bob. I have the same and love it although with any pistol scope you find that you have unsteady hands. Think they put vibrators in those scopes.:D

I scoped my 44 Mag SRH, and that's all good and well ofr my type of hunting. But mcshot is right on - they do put reticle vibrators in handgun scopes! So I'm itching to try a red dot on it, and gain the added advantage of (IMHO) faster target acquisition.

Back