Scope for SA Revolver

DealHunter

My Single Six Hunter model finally arrived (1 day short of a year after being ordered, apparently Ruger makes them in batches...) and since the big plus with this model is that it's "easy" to scope I'm looking for options.

I could consider a red dot (might look a bit odd) but the scope rings wouldn't work for that of course , it is machined for 3/8 tip off stuff though.

Otherwise any suggestions on a decent handgun scope that won't break the bank (not looking at $5-600+)? Is fixed power vs. adjustable better for a handgun?

If I like how it works I might stick one on my .44 SBH Hunter as well.

Any advice is welcome!

I had a two power Leupold scope on a Smith and Wesson model 629 with 8 3/8 barrel that worked fine out to 100 yards.
Have a nice eight point on the wall to prove it!

Lots of options

If you want to use that 30MM RedDot, why not get a set of Ruger 30MM rings. I warn you that they will be pricey. I have seen 1" RedDots, but not for sometime, now. .... :(

I'd go with a scope and recently mounted a Bushnell 2x32, High Contrast Pistol scope. It's a pretty neat little scope and won't break your bank. .... :)

Good Luck and;
Be Safe !!!

If you aren't going to hunting/shooting in low light, go with a red dot. I have one on my 629 right now and does ok. I'm in need of a regular pistol scope since I like to do a good bit of early morning/late evening hunting and it can't gather enough light to be useful.

Back