Scope for Ruger 10/22 Takedown

desertstormvet

Anybody have any experience with a scope on Ruger's 10/22 Takedown? Does the scope hold a zero after disassembly and reassembly? I'm thinking about the Vortex DIAMONDBACK 2-7X35 RIMFIRE RIFLESCOPE. Seems like a good price and Vortex does well with their scopes. Any thoughts on something else?

I really dont know that much about hte different kinds of optics. I just use a cheap Simmons 4-12x40. As long as the objective isn't contacting the rear sight and is mounted securely, you're good to go. As I said, Im not an expert on scopes or scope brands. Just the basics. With a Smaller objective you have to remember you're getting less light in. So if you plan to hunt with it, i'd suggest a larger objective. I'd honestly go with the x35 Objective Vortex. If you plan to do any lowlight shooting or anything like hunting. Bigger Objective Lens = More Light = better/brighter sight picture.

Good to go !!

Does the scope hold a zero after disassembly and reassembly?
From my experience and that includes inspection of the disassembly fit, there should be no greater problem than a standard. As far as what scope to use, that is entirely up to you needs but I'd be happy with the Vortex. Power and size seems good to me for small game and general plinking !!

Be Safe !!!

Back