Scope for AR-15 coyotes

Nikon makes a 3x9x40 and a 4.5x14x40 "coyote" camo scope with a "predator" BDC (bullet drop compensator). They are available on ebay for about $130 which is 1/2 of retail at $279 for the 3x9x40. Available in Mossy Oak and Advantage Max-1 camos. The matching scope rings are available at Opticsplanet.com for $50 delivered. I have a few other Nikon scopes and realy like the light and glass.

If you have the $$ -- the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x scopes were built around use on an AR. They are very nice scopes! I own an illuminated TMR model and would buy it again in a heartbeat. That being said...

A lot of people simply don't have the $1000+ to spend on optics. A lot of companies are making "tactical" models now for use on ARs. They are usually loaded with some nice features. Check out Burris -- they make nice scopes too!

Check out the opticstalk.com forum. That said, I'd look at a ziess conquest 3-9x on a Larue Tactical extended mount.

Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40 in mounts of your choice. I put mine in Burris Signature Zee rings and mounted it to a YHM rail. No problems/regrets at all. Excellent value on an under-rated optic.

I have a 2.5x16x50MM on my RRAs Coyote model 20" BBL Larue mounts. I guess its ok a little on the heavy side. On 2.5 I could shoot stuff at 10 yds.

I have found the Weaver Extreme scopes on sale at Natchez's are a great deal for around $300ish. I have the 2.5 x 10 x 50, illum rec. and it's glass is on par with my vx-lll.

My Stag Arms 4L wears a Leupold 6x36 scope. That is a really good scope and it is great in low light. It sells for about $270. Have killed a lot of coyotes with that gun.

Since the Nikon Coyote Special has already been memtioned I though I would show the 4.5-14 one I have on my Remington R15 VTR. I am quite happy with it and it would be a good scope for Varmints since thats what it's made for. The BDC Recticle is set up specifically fo the .223 and .22-250 cartridges.

ARcoyote2.jpg

Back